To study this CIPD Associate Level 5 course, you should generally have at least one of the following:
- Some HR experience in an entry-level HR role
- Experience of performing HR duties in a non-HR role (for example, as a manager)
- A degree and a desire to begin studying HR at a more advanced level than the CIPD Foundation Certificate
If English is your second language, we recommend that you have achieved one of the following (or an equivalent):
- IELTS: 6.0 overall score with a minimum of 5.5 in each category
- TOEFL: 79 overall score with a minimum of 17 in each category
- Cambridge: Grade C or above
However, this isn't mandatory, and we're happy to review your case on an individual basis.
CIPD course content
Your CIPD Level 5 Associate course and assignments are fully online.
You'll study seven modules, made up of six core modules and your choice of one elective module.
- Resourcing and Talent Planning
- Reward Management
- Professionals Behaviours and Valuing People
- Organisational Performance and Culture in Practice
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Employment Relationship Management
Elective modules (choose one)
- Diversity and Inclusion
- People Management in an International Context
- Leadership and Management Development
- Wellbeing at Work
- Specialist Employment Law (UK)
Please note that where the course discusses legislation and policy, this will be based on UK law.
For full details of what you’ll learn on each module, download our CIPD Associate Diploma course guide.
This course is part of the transition to CIPD’s new 2021 syllabus. In January and February, you’ll have access to the first two modules, which are taken from the previous CIPD syllabus. In March, you’ll gain access to the rest of the modules which are from the new CIPD syllabus.
This won't affect the qualification you achieve – you'll be awarded the new 2021 qualification.
You’ll complete written assignments for each module that you study, letting you demonstrate the new knowledge you’ve gained and the skills you’ve mastered.
You’ll submit your assignments online, and they’ll be marked by our assessors and moderated by CIPD.
Once you've passed all your assignments, you'll be awarded your new CIPD qualification!