To study this CIPD Advanced Level 7 course, you should generally have at least one of the following:
- Considerable experience working in an HR role
- Senior managerial experience that involved a broad range of HR elements
- An HR degree
If English is your second language, we recommend that you have achieved one of the following, or an equivalent:
- IELTS: 6.5 overall score with a minimum of 6.0 in each category
- TOEFL: 90 overall score with a minimum of 19 in each category
- Cambridge: Grade C or above
However, this isn't mandatory, and we're happy to review your case on an individual basis.
CIPD course content
Your CIPD Level 7 Advanced course and assignments are fully online.
You'll study eight modules, made up of seven core modules and your choice of one elective module.
- Resourcing and Talent Management
- Work and Working Lives in a Changing Business Environment
- People Management and Development Strategies for Performance
- Personal Effectiveness, Ethics and Business Acumen
- Business Research in People Practice
- Strategic Reward Management
- Strategic Employment Relations
Elective modules (choose one)
- Learning and Development Practice
- Managing People in an International Context
- Technology-Enhanced Learning
- Advanced Diversity and Inclusion
- Advanced Employment Law in Practice (UK)
Please note that where the course discusses legislation and policy, this will be based on UK law.
For full details of what you’ll learn on each module, download our CIPD Advanced Diploma course guide.
This course is part of the transition to CIPD’s new 2021 syllabus. In January and February, you’ll have access to the first module, which is taken from the previous CIPD syllabus. In March, you’ll gain access to the rest of the modules which are from the new CIPD syllabus.
This won't affect the qualification you achieve – you'll be awarded the new 2021 qualification.
You’ll complete written assignments for each module that you study, letting you demonstrate the new knowledge you’ve gained and the skills you’ve mastered.
You’ll submit your assignments online, and they’ll be marked by our assessors and moderated by CIPD.
Once you've passed all your assignments, you'll be awarded your new CIPD qualification!