This is a short summary of what, when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, and your rights regarding it.
What information do we collect?
- Details you give us such as name, contact details, and date of birth
- Your education and work experience, where relevant to your course
- Payment information and copies of ID (such as your passport) if you enrol with us
- Information about a third party (eg. your company) if they are paying for your course
- Enrolled student information such as tutor queries, coursework or assignment submissions, and special educational requirements
- Information about how you use our website (for example, what parts of the site you click into)
- Information from third parties we work with (for example, advertising networks and analytics providers)
Why do we collect this information?
- To help us deliver and improve our courses for you
- To make our website work better for you
- To engage with potential students
- To keep you up to date with any changes to our services or special offers
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- To help us make business decisions
Your rights in relation to information about you
- Ask us to delete your information at any time, though doing so might affect our ability to fulfil our obligations to you, and we might be unable to if doing so would conflict with our legal or regulatory obligations
- Ask us to give you a copy of the information we hold about you
- Ask us to correct mistakes in information that we hold about you
- Otherwise restrict our use of your data in certain situations
- Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
You can exercise any of these rights for free by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your right to unsubscribe
You can unsubscribe from marketing communications by:
- Clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our marketing emails
- Texting ‘STOP’ in reply to any marketing text we send you